I love FB. When used for good, it is such an incredible tool to connect friends, old and new. I had the most wonderful surprise last night. An old friend I met 11 years ago in line for The Price Is Right, reached out and found me on Facebook. I couldn't be more thrilled! We had such fun reconnecting and swapping current photos of our families and what everyone is up to now. My heart is full. Funny how you can meet people for 1 day of your life, but they have a lifelong impact on your heart! This inspired me to share a journal entry I wrote back in 2010 when preparing to go to Date With Destiny with Tony Robbins. I was asked to write about 3 days that affected the course of my life. My day on The Price is Right was one of them. Want to hear about it? Here goes....
"In 2006 I tried to go on The Price is Right. My friend Courtney and I had tickets, but we didn't show up early enough, so we never made it into the audience. We were bummed. I was determined to go on before Bob Barker retired, so in February of 2007, I flew back to California and got tickets again by myself. This time, I arrived at the studio at 3am for the 11am taping. When I showed up, there was already a HUGE line!!! I couldn't believe it! I almost left with the plan to show up at 3pm for the next day's show. However, I decided to stick it out. Go get in line and see what happens. Thank goodness I did! I ended up having the most wonderful day EVER!!! Within two minutes of hopping in line, I met two amazing families who made my day MAGICAL!!!
I didn't win the Showcase Showdown or even get called to Contestant's Row, but I left richer than ever!
That day I learned:
1) Be yourself! I am my best friend and can do anything.
2) Believe in yourself and doors open.
3) Good karma exists
4) See the power of love and family
5) Be kind to strangers and give the 2mm (a little extra effort.). It's amazing who may be standing next to you. Take the time to say hello and get to know them.
6) Positive energy, passion, excitement is like a drug. It's infectious...spread it!!!
7) Don't be afraid of initial impressions. I pulled up and saw 100's of people, but I didn't give up. Thank goodness! This day was not to be missed! Have faith in your cause and keep heading toward it.
8) Early bird catches the worm!
9) SHOW UP!!! 90% of success is just showing up on time!!!
10) It's the journey, not the destination. I had dreams of winning the Showcase Showdown. Turns out I didn't even make it to Contestants' Row. But who cares??? I enjoyed the journey! I met the most wonderful people ever! I won both "FAMILY" showcases (The Franks and the Giles) and I renewed my faith in the goodness of humanity and won a lifetime supply of self love!!! I won the most incredible (and useful) prizes that anyone could ask for and they are all TAX-FREE!!! LOL! ;-) The day was completely different than what I dreamed of, but I wouldn't change a thing. As John Lennon says, "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans!" Dooley noted!!!